What is an innovation?
Whilst this is not an exhaustive guide, innovations would tend to be:
1. A novel device, data collection method, or monitor or some such
2. Not yet commercially available
3. Not yet undergone significant clinical trials that would suggest it should be in the other 6 abstract categories
4. Clinical/ Research Team led rather than industry led (all novel innovations will possibly require some support from industry, but this should not be a purely commercial development
Protecting your work
Is your innovation protected in any way?
We advise all applicants to consider protecting their intellectual property before submitting this application. The protection of intellectual property is the ultimate responsibility of each applicant, and WAMM is not responsible for intellectual property submitted for the WAMM Award for Innovation in Airway Management.
An example of protection might be :
- A patent
- A registered design
- A trademark
- A copyright
- Published in a peer reviewed journal