The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral or Poster, Poster only)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstracts must be no longer more than one page. Abstract must be submitted according to the Abstract Preparation Instructions
- Abstracts must conform to the following criteria:
- Must be no more than 1 page with a minimum font size of 11pt
- Must be no more than 420 words
- Must be an editable .docx file and not a .doc or .pdf
- Must have 2cm margins all round
- Can include one figure or table
- Can include up to three references listed at the end of the abstract but not as footnotes.
- Download the abstract template to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may be included in the abstract but must remain within the one-page limit.
- Tables or figures can greatly enhance the presentation of any abstract, however they must not exceed the overall dimensions of the abstract template (one page of A4 with set margins, see here). Please remember that any table or figure must be legible and the larger the size of the figure or table the less room there will be for accompanying text. The text within the table should not be smaller than in the rest of the document.
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information below:
Does this work meet the ethical requirement of the country in which it was undertaken? All work submitted must meet these requirements. Tick box to confirm. This is mandatory.
2. Career Grade of Presenting Author
What is the grade of the presenting author?
Please note the WAMM 2019 abstract competition encourages presentation by trainees, although it recognises that in several circumstances this will not be possible.
– Consultant/ Attending
– Other non-consultant/Attending Grade (not in a training post)
– Anaesthetic assistant/paramedic/medical student
– Registrar/Resident/Fellow (final 2 years of training)
– Registrar /Resident/Fellow
3. Previously published work
Work that has been published or previously presented at a major meeting will not be considered for presentation. However, abstracts that have appeared in conference booklets or have been presented at regional meetings are welcome.
Has this work been previously published or presented at a MAJOR meeting?
– Yes but this has been discussed and approved by the abstract committee
4. Publication at WAMM2019
All accepted abstracts may appear in the conference app or on a USB stick distributed at the conference. This is a condition of acceptance. Selected abstracts may be forwarded to the British Journal of Anaesthesia. These abstracts may be subject to editing. Conference abstracts may appear on the conference website after the conference.
Please note that by choosing to not have your abstract appear in the BJA or on the conference website does not exempt the authors from acquiring appropriate ethical approval.
Indicate below your consent:
– Abstract can be forwarded to the BJA if appropriate and appear on the conference website
– Abstract can be forwarded to the BJA only (will not appear on the conference website)
– I do not consent for the abstract to appear anywhere other than the conference app and USB stick.
5. Consent from co-authors
If your abstract has co-authors/presenters and you have provided their emails, do you confirm that you have received their permission to share their contact details (name, affiliation and email) with conference organisers, reviewers and session chairs/moderators for the purpose of conducting the review and compiling the programme? If they do not want their information shared with these stakeholders, the abstract will be excluded from the review and programme.
Tick box to confirm. This is mandatory.
6. Data Consent
To comply with GDPR, EU data protection rules, your personal data (name, organisation, country and email) will be shared with conference organisers, reviewers and session chairs for the purpose of conducting the review and compiling the programme. If you do not want your information shared with these stakeholders, you will be excluded from the review and programme due to GDPR data sharing of information regulations
Do you consent to your personal data being shared with conference organisers, reviewers and session chairs/moderators?
Tick box to give consent. This is mandatory.